16 Feb Innovation Digest – February 2021 Vol. 2
When I read this edition’s articles, my takeaway was “back to the basics is innovative.” Sometimes pursuing the new can be transformative, but it’s a myth to think that a focus on the fundamentals risks missing the opportunity for change. The pandemic has revealed the importance of public health and the consequences of its neglect in the service of sexier trends. This isn’t a message of going backward; rather, we need to recommit to the basics and build back better (to coin a phrase).
In this issue:
- Reflections On Governance, Communication, And Equity: Challenges And Opportunities In COVID-19 Vaccination
- What Will the ‘Next Haven Healthcare’ Look Like?
- Community Health Workers, Often Overlooked, Bring Trust to the Pandemic Fight
- Public Health and Population Health: Are They the Same Thing?
- Today’s nonprofit leaders and how they are addressing COVID-19 and beyond
- Understanding Our Health Before the Pandemic Can Help Us Improve It Afterward
- To Make Progress, Focus On Building Trust