21 Sep Innovation Digest – September 2021 Vol. 2
There are two essential elements for delivering meaningful, equitable and successful health care: 1) measure what matters to patients, families and caregivers and 2) measure those factors in ways that are relevant to their experience. Doing so will change the drivers that define outcomes, innovation, value, equity — all the brass rings. And changing those will fundamentally change what we pay for. It all starts with the patient.
In this issue:
- Patient Safety Is Heading in the Wrong Direction
- Measuring What Matters: Learnings from the Person-Driven Outcomes Project
- Disrupting Health Care from the Inside: How Incumbents Can Lead Change
- U.S. health care costs a lot, and not just in money
- Can America’s Fastest Supercomputer Defeat Covid for Good?