14 Dec Innovation Digest – December 2021 Vol. 1
I continue to champion policy and practice that creates meaningful change for individuals to sustain and regain health. Recent reports again show us that we need to double down on investing in mental health – particularly for youth. Part of the solution is listening to individuals about their needs and goals, and to understand the range of solutions that are (or should be) available. As I look forward to a new year, I’m grateful for the clients, partners and colleagues that see the same opportunity to improve how we measure and pay for value from the perspective of the patient, and when relevant, their family and caregiver. I can’t wait to get to work. Happy Holidays to all and best wishes for a healthy 2022!
In this issue:
- Patient Value Is the Root of a Learning Health System
- Research Report in Conjunction with IVI Poster Presentation: Strategies to Include Underrepresented Patient Populations in Patient Preference Research to Inform Open-Source Value Models
- A youth mental health crisis was already brewing. The pandemic made it worse, surgeon general says.
- Millions Miss Out on Antibiotics in Echo of Vaccine Inequity
- A Strategic Vision for Medicaid And The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Patient Navigation—Exploring the Undefined
- Project Aims to Increase Pharmacists’ Role in Addressing SDOH