26 Feb Innovation Digest – February 2019 Vol. 2
Ideas and innovations abound for improving our healthcare system. How can we cultivate them in an environment so entrenched in power politics, net benefit to the shareholder and opaque information? Perhaps the solutions include federal regulation, pioneering thought leadership, bold efforts to implement the “impossible,” and the sunshine of transparent and open data.
In this issue:
- We don’t need government-run health care to get to affordable, universal coverage
- No. 1 word in online negative hospital reviews is ‘told’
- Patients and Physicians in the Era of Modern Cancer Care
- Germs in Your Gut Are Talking to Your Brain. Scientists Want to Know What They’re Saying.
- Medical Expenditures Are Likely “Worth It.” But Can We Measure How Much They Are Worth?
- Intel gives glimpse inside its Connected Care health plans that saved 17% per month