13 Jul Innovation Digest – July 2021 Vol. 1
I’ll keep it simple: Start with the patient to create the next breakthrough/delivery model/app. Represent diverse patients in research. Treat (and support) the whole patient. Measure outcomes and impacts that matter to the patient. Let the patient see and own the data and its use. We need less talk about the complexity and more action on the basics.
In this issue:
- Learning to Listen to Patients’ Stories
- A Note of Optimism on the Electronic Health Record
- ‘Nobody is catching it’: Algorithms used in health care nationwide are rife with bias
- FDA releases first Cures Act report on patient experience data in regulatory decision-making
- Hospitals Often Charge Uninsured People the Highest Prices, New Data Show