11 May Innovation Digest – May 2021 Vol. 1
Transformation requires a new mindset, new data, new ways of analyzing opportunities and gaps, and brave transparency. The themes for change are ever-present: eliminating discrimination and disparities in our care “system,” improving our collective mental health, and listening to the patient first. It’s heartening to see so many powerful organizations collaborating, but the undercurrent is also evident: it’s good business to do so. I’m an optimist, but authenticity and measurable change for the ones that count the most — the people who need care — are the badges of true and lasting transformation.
In this issue:
- With consumers’ health and privacy on the line, do mental wellness apps need more oversight?
- Inside the battle over Talkspace and a grand experiment in mental health
- Race And Ethnicity Must Be Included In Employee Health Data Analyses
- Addressing Social Risk Factors In Value-Based Payment: Adjusting Payment Not Performance To Optimize Outcomes and Fairness
- Driving Towards More Inclusive Clinical Trials By 2030: Action Without Strategy is Aimless, Strategy Without Action is Powerless
- In Patients We Trust: Why Clinicians Need To Believe And Respect Patients
- Patient Voices in Value-Based Cancer Care: Priorities for the Biden Administration